Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to Running With Books, the Deerfield Public Library’s new blog. My intention with this blog is to provide you with the latest news on books and authors, reviews of fiction and non-fiction books, and general musings on books and reading.

To give you an idea of who I am and my own reading tastes....

Who I am: Melissa Stoeger, Readers' Services Librarian

What I'm reading now: What is the What by Dave Eggers and On Gold Mountain by Lisa See

In my Cassette/CD/MP3 player: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Favorite book as a child: The Hobbit and the Nancy Drew series

Favorite authors: Tracy Chevalier, Jane Austen, Anchee Min, John Grisham

Book I’ve faked reading: Uncle Tom’s Cabin. I was supposed to read this in high school, but never did. Somehow I managed to pass the book report though.

Books I re-read: Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter series

Book I bought for the cover: Goodbye Jimmy Choo. It had pictures of shoes on the front. What can I say? I’m a sucker for shoes. I don’t really remember what the book was about.

Favorite line from a book: “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Favorite new writer: Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns)

I hope to convince the other members of our fabulous Readers' Services department to share their answers as well, so you can get to know us.

Please check back here daily for all the latest on books. Thanks for reading!

No comments: