Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Next Tattoo

Choosing a tattoo requires a lot of thought. It has to be something meaningful, that you will love forever. I just came across this blog, Contrariwise, which posts tattoos of quotes from books, poetry and music. Some of the tattoos are pretty cool. A lot of quotes from Vonnegut, a few Le Petit Prince. I loved the Fight Club tattoo. This opens up a whole bunch of possibilities I had never considered. Books from my childhood, like Ramona, Harriet the Spy and Nancy Drew, might all make good tattoos. Or maybe a quote from Hemingway or e. e. cummings. The obvious one for me would probably be the "it is a truth universally acknowledged..." but I'm not sure that would make for a good tattoo. What would you chose, if you were to get a literary tattoo?

1 comment:

MissMcGyver said...

Oooh, I LOVE that idea!!! But it's a question that truly deserves pondering...I will have to get back to you on my answer.