Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Delightfully Distracting Dexter

I've been a bad library patron. I have 7 overdue library books at home right now! What force is driving my deviant behavior? A serial killer. You may recall that I discovered the audiobook of Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeffry Lindsay this last Thanksgiving. I ended up listening to the second book in the series, Dearly Devoted Dexter, on our Christmas drive. Well, Showtime has created the series Dexter, based on the novels and I was curious to see how well this would translate to TV. So I checked out the first disc of Season 1 from the Library a few weeks ago and have been on a Dexter bender ever since. I can't get enough. I have spent several hours parked in front of the TV doing nothing but watching this show. I'm almost finished with Season 2. Season 3 has not been released on DVD yet, so maybe I'll find some time to get back to the books soon. Word is that the show is signed on for seasons 4 and 5. Between Dexter and The Tudors, Showtime is really disrupting my reading this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have been obsessed with the Dexter DVDs. A friend of mine recently suggested the show. I tried the first one and was hooked. I get the DVDs from Blockbuster Online (works like Netflix) and am ready to watch the last disc in Season 2 (four discs in a set; each season is a set). I can't wait for Season 3 to be released on DVD as I don't sunscribe to Showtime. I can't find out when (time and dates)the original season is on Showtime. If anyone can tell me, I would appreciate it very much.

Anonymous said...

I am also a Dexter addict. I purchased season 1 & 2, ordered showtime for season 3 and anxiously await season 4. Season 3 is on the showtime series and can be viewed once you subscribe. My boyfriend and I watched all of season 3 back to back, up all night. It was worth ordering just for this season.