Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Diet for a Hot Planet

A cool thing happened to me last week. I got an advanced copy of Anna Lappé's book Diet for a Hot Planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of Your Fork and What You Can Do About It from LibrayThing. Anna is the daughter of Frances Moore Lappé, who wrote the revolutionary Diet for a Small Planet in 1971. I heard that both Anna and Frances were going to be speaking at a local community college, so I thought I'd go check them out. It turns out that mine was the first copy she signed, so we had to have a picture!

I've started reading Diet for a Hot Planet, which is all about how our industrialized food system plays a huge role in climate change. It's very compelling and the data she presents is astounding. I thought I would have finished by now, but there is a lot of information to take in, so it's taking me longer to digest it.* Check back for my review. Meanwhile, take a look at Anna's site.

*Lame pun not intended.

No comments: