Monday, September 19, 2011

Hooray for new adventures!

I just read in Publisher's Weekly that Lauren Willig, author of the Pink Carnation series, landed a deal for her first stand-alone novel, to be called Ashford Park. "Ashford Park tells the story of a woman who untangles her family's past and her own future when she stumbles upon a hidden family secret that stretches back in time to Edwardian England and the plains of Kenya."

I love the Pink Carnation series. It's a smart combination of history, romance, and adventure with strong female characters, but truthfully, I'm ready for something new. I will typically read the first few titles in a series, but I find that as a series progresses, it's just the same story wrapped up in a different package. I'm looking forward to seeing something new from this very talented author.

No comments: