Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Steve Berry's Venetian Betrayal

Great news! Steve Berry's latest novel, The Venetian Betrayal, will be released in December. Publisher's Weekly reports that Berry has been signed to write three more novels, which will be published through 2011. Shortly after I became a librarian, I stumbled on his first book, The Amber Room, and was hooked. His books are fast paced, suspenseful, and have great story lines. I haven't been able to find a synopsis of The Venetian Betrayal, but my clever powers of deduction lead me to believe that it may take place in Venice, which is one of my favorite settings! His last two novels have featured the character Cotton Malone, and I believe this next one may be part of that series. I'm not so sure about this Cotton Malone yet. First, his name drives me nuts. Cotton? Really? Second, I just can't get a picture of him in my mind. Usually I have an idea in my head of what a character looks like, but Malone eludes me. Nonetheless, I still love his books and I'm sure his new book will be another great read!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

The book is indeed a Cotton Malone book and deals with the search for the tomb of Alexander the Great. Just got an email newsletter from the publisher today.